Du bist nicht angemeldet.

• Private Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 13. März 2013, 17:09

A very easy to read guide and thanks for including CHN in this.

• »Water« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Mittwoch, 13. März 2013, 17:53

A very easy to read guide and thanks for including CHN in this.

Thanks for reading ^^ I have updated the CHN part now with more info.

Mittwoch, 13. März 2013, 21:25

This is a very nice guide. I'm sure you can apply it not only to this server. Here we don't need to farm SP but on some other servers we do. If I'm a STR cleric tank and I have let's say gap 5-6 I won't have the best gear I can get. So my question is how many levels lower than mobs I can be to be a good tank?

Valkyria

Fortgeschrittener

Mittwoch, 13. März 2013, 21:28

We had a cleric lv 40 with gap 9 (= 4D equipment) tanking at penons. :)

Oh, and good job Water. Add my tips to make this guide even more krall. I always wanted to write a guide 'bout this setup but never had the time or mood for it.^^
Valkiria ・ Lv 130 ・ jSRO

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Valkyria« (14. März 2013, 09:35)

Mittwoch, 13. März 2013, 21:40

We had a cleric lv 40 with gap (= 4D equipment) tanking at penons. :)
That's pretty cool.

Mittwoch, 13. März 2013, 23:37

This is a very nice guide. I'm sure you can apply it not only to this server. Here we don't need to farm SP but on some other servers we do. If I'm a STR cleric tank and I have let's say gap 5-6 I won't have the best gear I can get. So my question is how many levels lower than mobs I can be to be a good tank?

As Valkyria has shown, you can still tank mobs up to 15 lvls higher even with a gap (in her vid the cleric even has 9 gap I think). But it does heavily depend on the skills of the players (not just the cleric, but the entire party).

Roc

Schüler

Donnerstag, 14. März 2013, 12:21

some other tipps ;)

We had a cleric lv 40 with gap 9 (= 4D equipment) tanking at penons. :)

I think it s important to note that we were 2 clerics this time (better aggro and more heal), no way i would have been able to tank with D4 LA alone ;)

Also i d like to add some other things to the nice guide :
1. About the warlock :
Aggro depends on the range to the mobs; high distance -> less probability to get aggro (as DD ) ,so shadow armor is deadly for a lock , try to stand near the wizards and it will be better than our first attempts on kSRO (when i was aggro-str- cleric with gap 9 [mastery 47] at PEGs which Kalypso probablly is refering to ); ask Valkyria, he played lock lots of times in aggro-cleric pts.

2. To the warrior / lurer :
If you have the sp to skill out/ up howling shout, do it because the range increases 1m every time. I tried to use a lv 1 1H to reduce the aggro while luring with a aggro- cleric and i think it was less hard to drop the mobs to the cleric than using a same degree 1H; but i m not sure about that as it seems to me a warrior in general is a bad choice for luring with an aggro-cleric because of Vital Increase (3 x aggro ) and Protect- buff (brings aggro to the warrior ) ; + a warrior cant switch to heal itself and thats better than the better defense of Vital Increase and Skins cause a warrior has a lower range than a rogue and a chin has no pot delay. So, it is possible to lure as warrior but then take a low lv 1H and dont buff Protect i d suggest.
Even a lock/cleric buffed with PQ is probablly a better choice as lurer than a warrior just because aggro EVER is messed up while a warrior is luring and not tanking his lure then.
btw: What is the difference when the lurer is buffed with Protect ? I heard at old Venus, they used it even in 2 tank-setup to bring aggro/ mobs to the main/ tanking- warrior ;)
Doomed

money is the armory of a war so old, so huge, so omnipresent you don´t even recognize it anymore ... the war on nature and therefore ... ourselves;
and there is no way, no solution, no hope to end it.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Roc« (14. März 2013, 12:40)

Donnerstag, 14. März 2013, 13:43

2. To the warrior / lurer :
If you have the sp to skill out/ up howling shout, do it because the range increases 1m every time. I tried to use a lv 1 1H to reduce the aggro while luring with a aggro- cleric and i think it was less hard to drop the mobs to the cleric than using a same degree 1H; but i m not sure about that as it seems to me a warrior in general is a bad choice for luring with an aggro-cleric because of Vital Increase (3 x aggro ) and Protect- buff (brings aggro to the warrior ) ; + a warrior cant switch to heal itself and thats better than the better defense of Vital Increase and Skins cause a warrior has a lower range than a rogue and a chin has no pot delay. So, it is possible to lure as warrior but then take a low lv 1H and dont buff Protect i d suggest.
Even a lock/cleric buffed with PQ is probablly a better choice as lurer than a warrior just because aggro EVER is messed up while a warrior is luring and not tanking his lure then.
btw: What is the difference when the lurer is buffed with Protect ? I heard at old Venus, they used it even in 2 tank-setup to bring aggro/ mobs to the main/ tanking- warrior ;)

Oh I didn't know the range of taunts skills increased as you lvl them. I'll remove the part about keeping them at lvl 1 then.
However I must disagree that warrior is bad at luring. Most warriors I party with nowadays are also fine lurers.

About the protect buff: you know how when you hit 1 mob in a group of mobs, the entire group gets aggroed to you? Well, if you have Protect buff on you, this doesn't happen. It will make just the single mob run to you and the rest of the group will not get aggroed.

Valkyria

Fortgeschrittener

Donnerstag, 14. März 2013, 15:42

About the Warlock:

It is possible to play as a Warlock in this setup. The key point is to keep distance to the cleric (like the Wizards). Playing Warlock gets even safer when you use 2 Str Clerics (hint: use Scream Mask on both clerics then).

Now you just need to DoT as much as possible (especially on Pt mobs). Because mobs are focused in one point, AoE-DoTs can reveal their full potential. Sometimes it can get little tricky to click mobs that do not have any DoTs yet.^^

About Dusk Armor: just don't use it. The damage dealt is pretty low anyway. Keep your distance and you are safe.
In case you are under attack: run towards the cleric until he has the aggro and then go back in distance again (same counts for Wizards that even have Teleport skill for that).
Valkiria ・ Lv 130 ・ jSRO

flowisight

Schüler

• »flowisight« ist männlich

Donnerstag, 14. März 2013, 17:52

I read the text, now i want my 10kk! And pls, translate in german. I dont understand .

Zem

Profi

• »Zem« ist männlich

Donnerstag, 14. März 2013, 22:46

However I must disagree that warrior is bad at luring. Most warriors I party with nowadays are also fine lurers.

I think warriors are not bad, but worse than rogues. They automatically get more aggro than rogues would, because of their skills. Its perfect when the warrior ist luring and tanking but in aggro-cleric-pts he needs to loose the aggro. Another point for a rogue is that he will not have any hp problems, because he can stay in the healing range all the time and he will not be attacked as much as a warrior, because of his attack range.

Spoiler

"Liebe deinen Nächsten wie dich selbst" - Kurt Cobain

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Zem« (14. März 2013, 22:48)

Samara

Administrator

• »Samara« ist weiblich

Sonntag, 24. März 2013, 18:48

Pinned for awesomeness :)
"Frei zu sein bedeutet nicht nur seine eigenen Ketten abzulegen, sondern sein Leben so respektvoll zu leben, dass es die Freiheit anderer steigert." - Nelson Mandela