Du bist nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Hexenzirkel Multigaming-Community Forum. Falls dies dein erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lies bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird dir die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus solltest du dich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutze das Registrierungsformular, um dich zu registrieren oder informiere dich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls du dich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert hast, kannst du dich hier anmelden.

Kalypso

Profi

• »Kalypso« ist männlich
  • »Kalypso« ist der Autor dieses Themas

• Private Nachricht senden

Samstag, 16. März 2013, 16:32

Anime/Manga (english)

Since we already have a german topic , where we discuss about Anime/Manga, i thought it would be nice to have an english topic too. Then other people, who don't understand german, can participate in the discussion. If you want to talk about things, which are only relevant for the german part of the community and don't concern english-speaking people (for example Anime airings in german TV, german DVD releases, etc.), you can still use the german topic.

We also have a forum subsection, where you can present your favourite animes. Currently there are only german topics in this section, but i guess you can just ask for an english translation in the topic, if you are interested in a certain Anime. And of course you can also just create new topics for your animes presentations.

So to get things started, which Anime/Manga do you currently watch/read and which ones do you want to watch/read? Which are your favourite anime/manga and which ones would you recommend for other people to watch, etc.?

I am currently watching One Piece, Naruto Shippuden and Fairy Tail (unfortunately there will be only 2 more episodes for now, but apparently they want to continue at some later point) every weak. I am planning to watch Baccano! and Monster as soon as i have the time to do so. After that maybe Psycho-Pass, Robotic;Notes, Chaos;Head, ef - a tale of memories/melodies, Durarara, Guilty Crown, Gintama and many more.

My favourite Anime is probably Steins;Gate. It's really funny and very interesting. As you can probably see from my Avatar/Signature, i also like Higurashi no naku koro ni (except for the OVAs). Fate/Zero is also quite good. The fights are just awesome and i always liked myths and legends. So it's really nice to see heroes from different cultures and epochs (like King Arthur, Gilgamesh, Alexander the Great) interacting with each other. Then i also like Fullmetal Alchemist (both Brotherhood and the original one, which doesn't follow the Manga), especially the fights between Greed and Wrath in Brotherhood.

Also maybe it would be better to make the prefix non-obligatory. In some cases you want to talk about both Anime and Manga in the same thread.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Kalypso« (16. März 2013, 16:34)

Maddin

Profi

• »Maddin« ist männlich

Sonntag, 17. März 2013, 03:55

First of all: Thanks for this topic!

is anyone here following the hunter x hunter manga? I don't get why the creator decides to make a pause here and there. It's almost a year since the last normal chapter has been published and there's still no sign that the manga will continue....

Sonntag, 17. März 2013, 10:58

After watching Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate I was very excited about Robotics;Notes. But the show is HUGE disappointment. I don't even know why I haven't dropped it yet.

Kastalia

• »Kastalia« ist männlich

Sonntag, 17. März 2013, 13:18

A small list of animes which i have already watched.

Accel World
Angel Beats
Clannad
Clannad Afterstory
Code Breaker
Death Note
Elfen Lied
Fate/Zero
Garden of Sinners
Guilty Crown
Hellsing
Hellsing Ultimate
Higurashi no naku koro ni
Magi (ongoing series)
Naruto
Naruto Shippuuden (ongoing series)
Oda Nobuna
Sword Art Online (MUST SEE) :D

maybe u like to watch some of them too

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Kastalia« (17. März 2013, 13:20)

Sonntag, 17. März 2013, 15:26

A small list of animes which i have already watched.

Accel World
Angel Beats
Clannad
Clannad Afterstory
Code Breaker
Death Note
Elfen Lied
Fate/Zero
Garden of Sinners
Guilty Crown
Hellsing
Hellsing Ultimate
Higurashi no naku koro ni
Magi (ongoing series)
Naruto
Naruto Shippuuden (ongoing series)
Oda Nobuna
Sword Art Online (MUST SEE) :D

maybe u like to watch some of them too

I've seen almost every series you have listed here.Totally agree with the last one :D

Kalypso

Profi

• »Kalypso« ist männlich

Sonntag, 17. März 2013, 17:46

I personally think it's heavily overrated and nothing really special. Just your average action adventure anime.

Spoiler

Yesterday i started watching Baccano! with english dub (first 2 episodes of 13 [+3 OVA] in total). It seems to be really nice too. There are quite a lot characters and 3 different time lines (apparently). The "main story" (i guess the Vice-President of the Daily Days would scold me now ;) ) plays aboard the "Flying Pussyfoot" (a steam locomotive) in the 1930's, where different partys try to accomplish their individual goals. It also involves a conflict between different mafia families, who try to eliminate each other. The story-telling just switches randomly between the different characters and timelines to confuse the viewer. In that regard, i guess it's quite similar to Steins;Gate or Higurashi no naku koro ni. You just don't understand, what's going on. But the characters are all quite funny and interesting. So far i really like Isaac Dian and Miria Harvent, they are really funny to watch (for example when they tell the story about the "Rail Tracer"). Firo and Maiza are also rather interesting, but i don't really know much about most of the characters. There are just too many people and i can't really say much more after watching the first 2 episodes. I am still rather confused about the story and the different partys on the train. I should probably mention that it's rather violent and bloody. It's certainly not something for little children.

Besides that, i'd also recommend all of the Key Animes (Clannad, Kanon, Air and Angel Beats). All of them are quite funny, but then there are suddenly scenes, which are really depressing. In my opinion especially the last scene in Air is extremely depressing (even more than Clannad After Story).

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Kalypso« (17. März 2013, 17:53)

devcon

Super Moderator

Sonntag, 17. März 2013, 20:37

My favs:

- Death Note (probably stop at Episode 25 - it sucks hard from then)
- Bleach (still watching still bound)
- Fairy Tail
- One Piece

To-Do:

- Full Metal Alchemist
- Sword Art Online

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »devcon« (17. März 2013, 20:49)

Coso

Profi

• »Coso« ist männlich

Sonntag, 17. März 2013, 20:56

Atm i do a break at watching animes. After the next 3 hard weeks, i will continue watching Fairy Tail.

My watched animes:
One Piece
Steins Gate (very good)
Elfenlied
Another
Angel Beats
Bleach
Higurashi no naku koro ni (kai)
Umineko no naku koro ni
Mirai Nikki
Death Note
YouTubesteamMAL

Sonntag, 17. März 2013, 21:46

Where did you downloaded Air from? I saw the movie and want to watch TV but i can't find it anywhere.

Coso

Profi

• »Coso« ist männlich

Sonntag, 17. März 2013, 21:54

I dont download anything illegal from the internet. I heard you can download Animes from mIRC channels, but the site i know is offline. Normally i watch animes at online streams.
YouTubesteamMAL

Kalypso

Profi

• »Kalypso« ist männlich

Sonntag, 17. März 2013, 22:13

I usually watch animes at ww.hulu.com. Hulu is a legal streaming portal in America and usually you are not supposed to access it outside the US. You can use it outside America with the Media Hint plug in for Firefox/Chrome. They have quite a lot animes there in english sub and dub. Also with that you can support the producers of Animes, as they have ads during the streams.

However Air is not on Hulu and i honestly don't know of any legal streaming portal, where you can watch it. In that case, i just use other streams, if there are no other options.

Coso

Profi

• »Coso« ist männlich

Dienstag, 19. März 2013, 19:40

At the weekend i gonna take a look at "Zetsuen no Tempest".
YouTubesteamMAL

Mittwoch, 20. März 2013, 06:51

Dropped it when they made episode 13 a recap. Wasn't that good anyway.

Kalypso

Profi

• »Kalypso« ist männlich

Sonntag, 24. März 2013, 17:11

So, done with Baccano! now and i enjoyed it a lot. Most of the characters are very interesting, especially Vino (Claire) and Ladd Russo. Chane is also pretty cool, i just love the fight on the roof of the train during the last few episodes. The soundtracks are also really awesome, for example:

Spoiler

I'd really recommend it, but you should pay a lot attention to the story and maybe repeat some of the older episodes, if you don't know, what's going on anymore. It's not that esay to follow the anime, as the story-telling is quite confusing.

I moved on to the anime "Monster" now. It's also a very nice anime, but for my taste a bit lengthy (74 episodes). The anime is about a skilled japanese doctor (a neurosurgeon) living in germany. He is quite skilled and capable of saving people, who most certainly would die without him. One day he is told by his superiors to operate on the mayor instead of a young boy, who arrived in the hospital earlier. He decides to save the young boy, who has been hit by a bullet in the head during a criminal attack on his family (both his parents died and his sister lost her memory due to the trauma). The boy survives, but the mayor dies and with that the whole life of the Japanese doctor changes.

I only watched the first 6-7 episodes, but it's really interesting so far and it already feels quite similar to watching "Higurashi no naku koro ni" for the first time. If you liked Higurashi, i guess you'll probably love "Monster" too, even if the anime is less violent (at least from what i have seen so far) and more psychological.

Coso

Profi

• »Coso« ist männlich

Sonntag, 24. März 2013, 20:56

Dropped it when they made episode 13 a recap. Wasn't that good anyway.

Yeah, you are right. I did the same.
YouTubesteamMAL

Sonntag, 24. März 2013, 21:58

I moved on to the anime "Monster" now.
I stalled it at ~28 episodes. It is pretty good and a lot of people praise it. I just can't get to continue watching it for some reason :D

Kalypso

Profi

• »Kalypso« ist männlich

Montag, 25. März 2013, 00:17

Well, i finished episode 13 now and i can't imagine, how someone could possibly stop watching this anime somewhere in the middle. It's one of those animes, which just leaves a creepy atmosphere behind and it's not even that extremely violent or bloody. With the incident at the orphanage in western germany (DDR), i was really quite shocked. Also I can barely stop myself from watching this anime through the whole night, because you just want to know, what's going to happen next. And you really want to know, how that "Monster" in a human body has been created (well, at least i want to know). Also so far there don't seem to be any supernatural powers involved and the story actually seems quite realistic, which is kinda scary. There may be people, who have actually experienced similar events in their lives. Anyway i certainly haven't seen such an amazing main antagonist in animes for quite some time now.

Actually there is just one minor thing, which i find rather irritating, but i guess you can't do too much about it. The pronounciation of the names is rather weird at times, for example Dietah (it really sounds like that , i guess Japanese people just have trouble saying Dieter ;)). I almost laughed, when his foster father was calling out to him repeatedly at the orphanage, even if the scene itself was rather scary. Hearing all these supposedly german surnames with "san" at the end also sounds rather strange for me. *lol*

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Kalypso« (25. März 2013, 00:19)

Coso

Profi

• »Coso« ist männlich

Donnerstag, 28. März 2013, 14:11

Just got 2 new animes from a study mate. "Gosick" and "Kore wa Zombie Desu ka". Lets see how they are at eastern.
YouTubesteamMAL

Donnerstag, 28. März 2013, 14:42

I'm halfway through Elfen Lied, again. Saw it a couple years ago, but its soooo good. I think I'm going to do samurai champloo next.

Maddin

Profi

• »Maddin« ist männlich

Donnerstag, 28. März 2013, 18:10

I think I'm going to do samurai champloo next.
I dropped that anime really fast. Don't know why.